To understood an SLA, a small case scenario can be considered. The objective of this scenario is only to explain the flow of SLA and not all the features associated with it. Here, you can see:
- How SLA computes the due date.
- Calculation of due date.
- Escalations on SLA violation.
The SLA is created with the following settings:
- Name: Low Impact SLA for Demo.
- Operational Hours Type: Business – should be applicable until a technician group is assigned. And, also when the technician group is assigned but the latter is not associated with the business hours.
- Condition: SLA is effective when the request Impact is Low.
- Response Escalation: Change Priority to Medium.
- Max Response Time: 10 minutes
- Max Resolution Time: 15 minutes
- Resolution Escalation: Send Escalation Email and set Priority to High.
- Operational Level Agreement: 6 minutes
- Technician Group: IT