Reports help in measuring the system performance using different metrics. The metrics can be as simple as counting the no. of tickets per month or complex enough to identify the trend of tickets, and analyze the root cause. The common reports like count of a ticket per status, priority or technician are available by default. To generate business specific reports, you can apply custom filters and select the desired columns. For better analysis, you can download the reports in PDF, Excel, CSV, and Word format and generate charts out of it.
Some high level characteristics of the reports are:
- Default reports available for direct use
- Create custom reports to see desired columns with custom filters
- Reports accessible only to defined stakeholders
- Custom time range in reports
- Schedule future reports
- Automatic report generation and emailing to stakeholders periodically
Some Example Scenarios for Reports
- There is a better understanding of opportunities for optimization. For example, you can generate a report highlighting the average time taken for each technician to close a Request over a period. Armed with this information, you can map the efficiency of your technicians.
- Generate reports to influence the short and long-term management strategies and policies.
- Cost reduction and streamline of processes. For example, using Reports, you can understand the utilization of your IT Assets; thus you can plan your future IT purchases or justify an existing purchase.
- Helps in benchmarking and setting goals. For example, you can monitor the overall performance of your technicians and know whether they are meeting the set benchmark. Similarly, you can track different KPIs in other modules using different parameters.
Types of Reports
Currently, you can create five types of reports. One is to see actual data in the columns and other to see the cumulative counts.
- Tabular report shows you the field values in columns.
- Matrix report shows you the count of the values.
- Summary Report shows you the summarized information.
- Plugin report shows the plugins added and their information.
- Query report shows the query information updated as per the requested data’s date or time span.
You can use default reports given in the system or can create your own.