What is a Change?
The change, as the name indicates is the new differences from the agreed existing requirements. For e.g. an employee can request a change of working desk. A change has a life cycle and uses planning and workflow to process a change request.
What is Change Management?
Change management is an approach with standard methods to process the changes in the IT infrastructure. It includes planning and a workflow to minimize the negative impact during and after the change is processed. The change management ensures efficient and prompt response to requests or problems. It maintains an equilibrium between the expected outcome and possible failures.
As a technician, you can work on the changes anywhere anytime using a browser, and an Internet connection. In this system, the change management module offers you the following features:
- Create New changes: You can create a change within the system.
- View changes: View all the changes of your organization. This depends on your role. For e.g. if you are an HR, you’ll see the changes created for HR department.
- Update changes: Modify the basic details of the change request.
- Manage changes: Based on the role you can: manage workflow, claim changes, assign change to others, archive changes, approve/reject changes, create and manage tasks, add relations, etc.
- Control Settings as an Admin: You can control the behavior of how the changes are managed and who can do what.