A common business process requires someone to take decisions at different levels of a ticket cycle. Approval workflows make sure that no ticket moves forward without the consent of the concerned stakeholders. For an effective approval process, the tickets should have sufficient details that enables informed decision making.
Approval workflows function best when:
- The workflow is triggered automatically when the ticket parameters meet the workflow conditions.
- The system sends appropriate notifications instantly.
- Allows technicians to remind the stakeholders.
- Negative flow scenarios are properly defined.
- Workflows are not always rigid to be dependent only on one person.
Approval workflows are easy to create in the system and do much more than the traditional paper based sign-off. Technicians can create manual approval requests while you as an admin can create automated approval flows. An automated workflow can be a simple condition and action statement or could be a complex one with multiple conditions and a series of approvers.