Users rely on the Service Catalog to avail services from the IT department. Motadata provides an ITIL®-compliant service catalog solution that helps in streamlining the service management and to increase the opportunities for self-service.
What is an IT Service Catalog?
A Service Catalog is a pre-defined list of service items. The scope of each service item (on offer) is defined using a template. A customer interacts with a Service Item created from a template to avail the services from the IT department. Users (with admin right) can define the custom automation for each template.
A best-practice IT Service Catalog:
- Is ITIL-compliant.
- Improves customer satisfaction.
- Improves reputation of the IT service department.
- Provides an efficient engagement channel for standard services with or without authorizations.
- Showcases the availability of services for business user consumption.
- Improves the IT opportunities for service automation resulting in higher service delivery performance.
A Service Catalog focuses on what is currently available rather than be an archive for service items.