This section enables you to configure the actions that must be fulfilled before the deployment of a package. Once configured, when the package deployment process initiates, the pre-installation script will get executed. If the script executes successfully, the package deployment will start. If the script fails the installation process will also fail. You can configure multiple actions.
- The defined actions will be executed as per the given order.
- The pre deployment actions are supported for Windows OS only.
The benefits are:
- Ensure that old PCs on the network have enough space before installation.
- Installing it only on the systems that don’t have the latest version.
- Uninstalling previous version of Java, as it may cause issues otherwise.
- Specifying the path to JRE installation, so that the users do not have to specify it every time they run a Java command.
- Disabling the automatic updates to have complete control over which version is being used.