ServiceOps Release Notes
Release Date: 20th May 2022
– The values of the bar and line graphs are made static on the Dashboard and Reports page.
– Support for customizing the static pages is added. For example: Login page, Password Reset page, and Error page.
– Support for blocking specific file types as attachment is added.
Request Management Improvements
– Support for placeholders like Merged Date, Resolved Date, Closed Date, and Diagnosis is added for requests in the Event Notifications.
– Support for placeholders like Requester Name, Created By Name, Service Name, Service Category, and Service Cost is added for Subject while creating a service request.
– Custom prefix can be added for Incident Request categories, its sub-categories, and the service catalog categories.
Asset Management Improvements
– The Used By column on the Hardware Assets list page is now editable.
– Support for thin clients like HP T420, Dell Wyse Sx10, and Dell Wyse Sx50 is added for agentless discovery.
– Custom prefix can be added for the hardware, software, and non-IT assets.
– The shared folder details can be fetched for Windows asset in agent less and agent based discovery.
– Support for printing details like Manufacturer, Serial Number, and Model Number in the Barcode and QR Code is added.
– RDP agent for macOS is now available.
– Support for AWS and Azure cloud discovery is added.
Contract Management Improvements
– Support for additional fields like Expiry Reminder Emails, Notify Before Day(s), Expiry Reminder Status, and Expiry Reminder Technician, is added in the CSV file used while importing the Contract.
Patch Management Improvements
– Support for Windows 11 patch management is added.
– Query type of reports can be created for all the modules from the Reports menu. This supports PostgreSQL select queries and will be helpful to retrieve data from more than one database tables.
– Missing Patch Details can be fetched in the patch reports.
– Support for Agent Last Sync Date condition is added in the Asset Workflow.
– A predefined email template can be selected when triggering a Send an Email or a similar action in a workflow.
– Support for Task Due In condition and Send an Email to Task Owner’s Manager action is added in the Task Workflow.
Email Notification Improvements
– Multiple email reminders for events like When Asset Warranty is About to Expire, can be scheduled using the Notification Schedule option provided.
– The SSO users can be imported into the ServiceOps. Currently, this feature is applicable for Azure AD, OKTA, OneLogin, and Key Cloak service providers.
– Technicians with Global Restricted scope can view all the tickets but perform operation only on those that are assigned to them.
Support Channel Improvements
– Virtual Agent Integration with Telegram application is added.
– Support for WhatsApp and Telegram integration with ServiceOps is added.
– Outgoing Email Servers can be created with/without authentication.
User Survey Improvements
– A one-time survey can be scheduled using the Schedule Type option ‘Once’.
– The Location and Department hierarchies are available below the respective fields in the ticket’s Details Page.
– Support for adding department hierarchy upto 5 levels is added.
– Values of custom fields (Dropdown list, Radio and Checkbox) can be added via importing the CSV file. This is applicable in all the modules.
– ServiceOps now supports IPv6 throughout the system.
– The option of asking an approval from the Assignee’s manager is available for Request, Problem, Change, and Release modules.
Release Date: 08th Feb 2022
– Support of Colourful Themes is added where the colour of Support and Technician portal can be changed to match the organisation’s colour palette.
– Colour changes can be applied to primary and secondary colours, text and page background on the application platform.
– The option of choosing four pre-defined themes or individual colours for every component is available.
– Hex colour codes are also supported. Users can enable this Theme feature from Admin > Branding > Theme.
– Option to export dashboard widget as PDF, Excel, CSV, PNG, or JPG. Full- Screen view option for widgets is also added.
Request Management Improvements
– Support of Search Keywords for Requester is added.
– Also, Requesters can now search with different form fields or keywords for better filter results.
Asset Management Improvements
– Windows 11 agent is available for discovery, RDP and VNC services.
– Linux agent is improved to support the discovery of Zorin OS 15/16. Also, VNC service for Zorin OS is available.
– The Barcode number is now available in the Asset Grid View.
– Location History and Used By of an asset is now available in Asset Summary Reports.
– Used By is now a multi-select parameter since an asset can be assigned to more than one user.
Patch Management Improvements
– Support of OpenSuse versions 15.2 and 15.3 is added for Patch and Discovery.
– Linux Mint OS patch support is added.
Virtual Chat Agent Improvements
– Virtual Agent Integration with applications like Microsoft Teams and Slack is added.
– Unanswered Slack Bot responses are saved under Chat and can be used to train the virtual bot further.
– Pan controller is added in chat flow builder – to help zoom in/out, pan left/right.
– Users now create a workflow to send a reminder email to receive feedback if they miss sharing the same when the incident was resolved.
– Support for Change in Location/ Department under Trigger Event of Request / Problem / Change / Release Workflows is added.
– Support for IP address in Trigger Event for Asset Workflows is added.
– Options From and To under Trigger Event for multi-select parameters are removed.
– Support for Product Installation on Ubuntu 20.04.3 is added.
– Additional support of Arabic Language includes displaying the UI from right to left.
– Category hierarchy is visible in the Other Info section of Request, Problem, Change and Release Management Modules.
– Project List has a checkbox to select and archive multiple projects now.
– An indication of Execution Completion Time under Data Archival and Purging rules are added.
– Brand Logo now supports GIF image format as well.
– Approver Details and Approval Stage Details columns are now available to be added in the summary report. Supported modules are- Request / Service Catalog / Problem / Change / Release / Asset and Purchase.
– IP Address Restriction feature is added where only an authenticated user can only log in from the specified IP Range once this feature is enabled. All the changes in IP Address Restriction including Failed Login attempts are captured in Configuration Audit. Users can enable the feature from Admin > Organisation > Security > IP Address Restriction.
– Multiple Outgoing Mail Servers feature is added for configuring multiple outgoing email servers to make the email notifications department specific. Enabling this ensures that emails received from a specific incoming email server are replied from its corresponding outgoing email server only. Alternatively, if the incident is logged manually, the outgoing email server marked as ‘Primary will send the email notification.
Release Date: 16th Nov 2021
Linux Patch Management Support
As part of the Patch Management module, the following Linux OS are now supported:
– RedHat Workstation Versions 7 and 8
Chatbot Support Added
ServiceOps supports AI Chatbot. Admin can enable support for Chatbot for the end-user to automate routine tasks and improve team productivity. As per organization needs, Admin can configure various custom workflows to be handled by the Chatbot.
Patch Management Improvement
– An agent can be configured to download the patch directly from the internet if the file server is not reachable.
– Patches can be manually uploaded and pushed to the endpoints.
– Users can specify the bandwidth limit that the agent can use while downloading the patch from the file server. Similarly, a bandwidth limit can be set for the file server while downloading the patch from the internet.
Request Module Improvement
– If more than one technician is viewing the same request simultaneously, details will be shown to the end-user about all current technicians who are viewing. This will help technicians to avoid duplicate work.
– Operational Level Agreement (OLA) support has been added.
– The requester can create a service request on behalf of another requester.
Automatic Installation / Up-gradation of Agents
– Agents can be installed/upgraded from the admin module within the application itself.
Dark Theme Support for UI
– ServiceOps supports Dark themes in addition to the default theme.
Asset Management Improvements
– Software licenses can be imported in bulk through CSV.
– Mobile devices (iOS and Android) discovery support is added.
– Permission can be managed separately for IT and Non-IT assets.
– Notification support is added if the asset does not report to the server in a specified time duration.
– Hardware change notification can be configured at the component level.
Release Date: 9th Aug 2021
Linux Patch Management Support
– As part of Patch Management module, following Linux OS are now supported:
– Ubuntu Versions 16.04, 18.04, 20.04, 20.10 and 21.04 CentOS Versions 7 and 8
– RedHat Server Versions 7 and 8
Asset Management Improvement
Asset Baseline feature is added as an improvement which represents the correct state of the Asset (CI and CI Components) that can be reviewed and agreed. Here, Baselines helps the asset manager to define set of attributes that all instance of a same asset types should have. Baseline mainly focuses on the attributes that one can expect assets to share in common and does not include variables. Establishing a baseline is necessary to back out after a change and restore the original configuration or rebuild a specific version of the asset at a later date.
Asset Movement Improvement
Assets are required to send out of premise for Repair work and later the same asset or its replacement needs to be collected. To keep track of such asset movements in and out, the support of Asset Movement Tracking functionality is added. A mandatory Approval is also required for the complete tracking process.
Dynamic Form Rules
Extra options are added in Incident / Service Catalog forms to make it more dynamic. Here fields can be marked as mandatory/non-mandatory, enabled / disabled and show / hide based on various conditions. All request form rules will only be fired during request creation from support portal and technician portal. These rules will not be applicable in request creation through APIs / integrations.
Automatic Uninstallation of Prohibited Software
As per organization policies use of certain software is restricted and are categorized as Prohibited. Software can be marked as Prohibited automatically during discovery based on rules or manually after discovery. On detection of prohibited software installation, system already has provision to intimate to relevant party/authority by sending notifications for un-installation from that particular machine. But, currently un-installation of prohibited software from the managed endpoint is manual process. Thus, here the auto-uninstall feature allows to automatically remove the software within a specified time frame, once detected in the end point.
Remote Desktop Improvement
Support of Chat, File transfer and Video Call is added during the Remote Desktop session carried out by technicians.
Currently system supports only one global dashboard for all users which Individual technician can customize as per requirement. Now each technician will have option to create multiple dashboards as per their need.
Support for Non-Login Technicians
Sometimes, field technicians who do not login are also working on requests which are called non-login technicians. Thus, support of these type of technicians is added as a feature and will be considered same as normal technician but will not be able to login to portal and will not be counted against the number of user license count. Non-login technicians will be able to receive all notifications and they can be assigned requests and other modules.
Customized Request Email Notification templates for Service Catalog
Right now, email templates are common for Incident and Service Catalog. Now user will have option to override email templates for each service catalogs. This will allow user to include fields from service catalogs in email templates.
Release Date: 11th May 2021
Patch Management Module automates windows updates deployment to geographically distributed remote end points of the organization from the central location. Applications supports end to end life-cycle management of different category of windows patches such as Security Updates, Non-Security Updates, Antivirus Definition Updates, Roll-ups, Service Pack and Feature Pack updates for both client and server OS. Some of the key features of patch management are,
– Local Patch Catalog with latest vulnerabilities.
– Automated Vulnerability Scanning and Assessment of Managed End Points from Central Location
– Testing and Approval support before patch distribution to network computers.
– Support of Declining certain application patch installation to particular group of computers.
– Flexible deployment schedule support for installation of patches on a convenient day and time.
– Automated Patch Deployment and Deployment Progress Notifications support
– Patch Rollback/Uninstallation support
– Patch Compliance Reports
Deployment management module provides support of remotely deploying windows software packages and windows registry changes on managed endpoints of organization from central location. Software Package Deployment capability automates the process of remotely installation/uninstallation of windows software package on managed endpoints. An automated software deployment helps software distribution to large number of endpoints without manual intervention which saves time and effort of technician.
Similarly support of registry configuration deployment capability allow to automate deployment of manipulation of registry key value changes of computer remotely, for various use cases such as Disabling automatic patch updates or third-party software updates.
Following are the some key features,
– Software Package Repository to maintain all the windows packages of different types (Exe/MSI/MSP) required by the organization at one place.
– Installation/Uninstallation of application using same package.
– Installation/Uninstallation of application as a specific user.
– Flexible deployment schedule support for installation of software packages on a convenient day and time.
– Registry configuration changes remote deployment for fine tuning behavior of Windows OS components, Software and Hardware.
– Deployment progress updates notification support.
Project management module enables central management and control of multiple IT projects of the organization. End to end life cycle of IT Projects can be managed in efficient and controlled manner using this module. Following are the key capability of the module,
– Cross Project View support to gain complete real time visibility of project progress with % work completion and due date of all the ongoing projects.
– Seamless Project Team onboarding and collaboration.
– Capability of associating IT Assets, Procurements, Request, Problem and Changes with Project for better tracking of any delay.
– Comprehensive Project Plan creation support by adding Milestones, Task Groups, Task Ordering and Tasks Dependency using Project Planning Interface.
– Gantt Chart Support to monitor overall project progress.
– Task Management and Notifications support.
– Project Reports and Dashboards.
SCCM Integration Support for IT Assets Import
ServiceOps now supports integration with SCCM(System Center Configuration Manager) for fetching IT Assets details of organization. ServiceOps fetches Hardware and Software details of the Assets along with the users associated with the asset at regular interval from SCCM.
Agent Based Discovery – Location Tracking Based on IP Address
Location mapping support for the different IP address range is provided, in order to track the location of IT asset in the organization network for the cases of Agent Based Discovery. Location of the Asset will be updated automatically based on the mapping if IP Address of the discovered asset is changed.
Asset module Improvements for Operational Efficiency
For operational flexibility following improvements are done in Asset module.
– Asset Dashboard and Reports support of Agent fields and Computer System Manufacturer fields in qualifications is added along with Today parameter value support for Hardware warranty expiry qualification.
– Suppression of Change Log Notifications on “Network Adapter” and “User Name” fields update.
– Support of marking Asset Custom Fields as Mandatory is added.
– Asset Summary Report support of Notes captured against asset.
– Hardware Asset searching support based on Agent Id is added.
– Software License module support on Dashboard is added.
– Software License Reports Over Utilized and Under Utilized fields support in qualifications is added along with Today parameter value support for Expiry Date.
– Software License searching based on expiry date is added.
Request Module Improvements
Support of considering only Online Technicians for Request Auto assignment is provided.
– Technician availability status support is added during manual request assignment to technician.
– Support of appending last reply details is added in Request Reply Email.
– Separate Request Notification Templates for ccEmail users are added.
– Support of adding Solution as Knowledge base is provided.
– “NMS” and “Mobile App” is added as request source with default installation.
– Subject Field support for Request searching.
– To support shift based request assignment, “Created Time” parameter is added in Request workflow qualifications.
Change Module Improvements
Calendar view support is added for change management. Based on change schedule change details will be displayed on the calendar. Also, support of Change Conflict Detection is added at the time of change creation and on change schedule updating. List of conflicting changes will be displayed based on selected change start and end date. Creating Change Request on behalf of Requester is enabled. Till now only Technician was allowed as Change Requester. Same change is also done for Problem and Release also.
Relationships Improvements For Request, Problem and Change
On problem closure support of closing associated requests is added. Similarly on Change Closure support of closing associated problems and requests is added. To support this behavior, additional actions are added in Problem and Change workflow. Relationship count support is added on details view of the Request, Problem, Change, Release and Assets to highlight relationship to Technicians. Related Items count support is also added in Report and Dashboards.
Additional Integration REST APIs support
To improve product integration capability following REST APIs are added:
– Service Catalog REST APIs are published for Requesting Service from Third Party Integration.
– Support of Sending Attachment for Service Catalog and Asset REST APIs
– Integration Framework – IP Based Rate Limit support for overload protection.
Support of Approval Request Delegation to other user is provided
Capability of delegating Approval Request to other users is added. User can delegate approval request raised for him to other user for specific duration. Also on support portal additional information is added for Problem/Change/Release Approval Requests along with Approval Requester name at the time of viewing approval details.
Automation Workflow Improvements
Run Webhook Action support is now extended for Problem/Change and Release module, in order to notify entity update changes to third party application.
– Service Catalog Workflow service request custom fields support as placeholder in Email and SMS action.
– Auditing support for Workflow Action Send Email and Send SMS is added.
Report – Exported/Downloaded History and Word Format Support
Support of maintaining history of exported/downloaded reports is added for auditing purpose. Report details such as Report Name, Event Time and User who has downloaded/exported reports will be captured in the history and can be viewed in report detail and same exported file copy can be downloaded from the history. In addition to existing report format now support of Word Format is added for report download/export.
Auto Refresh Support for Dashboard
Auto Refresh capability is added for the Dashboard KPI and Widget. Now with this new improvement user will be able to set auto-refresh interval of dashboard as per his/her preference and based on the configured interval dashboard will get automatically refreshed and show latest details. Till now only manual refresh was supported.
Support Portal Improvements
Now Requesters can view Change Requests on the Support Portal.
– Flexibility of resubmitting Request Feedback is added. Also customization support for Feedback Ratings Labels is added.
– For customizing display on links on support portal, option of hiding “Knowledge”, “My Approvals” and “Service Catalog” is added.
– “Most Search Keywords” in Knowledge base are made clickable.
User Login Security and Application Security Related Improvements
For strengthening security compliance of product following improvements in the application security and user login security are done.
– “CAPTCHA” support on Login, Change Password and User Registration pages. Both Online and Offline “CAPTCHA” are supported.
– User Password Encryption Methodology Improvement.
– All password fields are encrypted during data transfer between web browser and application, also all passwords stored in the database are encrypted.
– Web Application Security Compliance Points Implementation.
– Audit support for User Session Auto Logout.
– Support for Forcefully Terminating Ongoing User Session.
Google Sign-In Integration Support
Google Sign-In integration support is added in order to provide OAuth based secure authentication flexibility to the organizations having google account. This feature eliminates the need for remembering multiple password by the user. In case user account is not available in ServiceOps, new requester user account will be created on the fly with Verified status.
LDAP Integration Improvements
In existing LDAP integration process following improvements are done:
– Capability of importing users added under a particular group is added.
– In user import process, LDAP source is given higher priority over manual user creation. This behavior will override authentication source of users to LDAP from Local, which are created manually but found in LDAP import also.
Technicians searching support which are on “Do not Disturb” mode.
On Technician List page support of DND field in search qualification is added for convenient filtering of Technicians that are having “Do not Disturb” mode enabled.
Product License Renewal Reminder Notification Support
Support of ServiceOps Product License Renewal reminder emails to Admin Technician is added. License renewal reminder email will be sent to Admin Technician user on daily basis starting from last 15 days of license expiry. Notification will be sent both for Trial and Production license.
Release Date: 29th October 2020
User Survey Management
User Survey module provides easy and streamlined way to collect comprehensive data about various key parameters. It provides benefits like,
– Comprehensive data collection from targeted survey audience.
– Faster decision making on service improvement based on collected response assessment.
– Consistent experience in all service assessments.
– Creating, scheduling, and sending surveys from a single interface by all Agents or managers can. It can reduce the burden of the survey administration process.
Active Directory Self Service
Active Directory Self Service reduces the load on IT technician, by allowing self-service of active directory reset password and unlock account to their domain user. This feature allows domain user to perform self-password reset or unlock account activity from support portal by satisfying validations and identity verifications questionnaire answered during enrollment.
SAML-SSO Integration Support
ServiceOps is now available with Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML 2.0) based Single Sign On (SSO) capability, in addition to the existing authentication mechanism. ServiceOps SAML-SSO solution is pre-integrated with major six Identity Providers such as OKTA, Onelogin, ADFS (Microsoft’s Active Directory Federation Services), Azure AD, Keyclock and WSO2. This feature will help in an easy and faster integration of the ServiceOps application in the enterprise existing application stack. These capabilities provide benefits like,
– Facilitate easy and secure access to IT service on ServiceOps to organization users without separate credentials.
– Help IT teams by keeping authenticate users and control application access centrally.
– Reduce password maintenance and security overheads for managing ServiceDesk users.
Browser and Desktop Notification Support
Browser and Desktop notification support is added to timely notification to users about the updates on the relevant events on the Technician Portal and Support Portal. Preference setting support for enabling/disabling different UI notifications is also provided to users for selecting required notification as per their needs.
This feature helps technicians to improve their response and resolution time, as with this feature they don’t have to continuously check the mailbox for any updates on related issues. Also, Desktop notifications help to alert the technician, in case if he is working in a different browser tab or the browser is minimized.
SMS Notification Support
Support of HTTP based SMS gateway integration is added for sending SMS notifications to users over registered contact number for the updates related to assigned requests, in addition to the existing email notifications. Support of SMS notification template customization is provided for request module notifications. To support SMS notification for other module events, Send SMS actions are added in Automation Workflow, Scenario, and SLA.
Multi-Language support is added to localize the application for a specific target language. Language preference setting support is added at the organization level as well as the user profile level. Logged in user will see all field labels and validations on Technician and Support Portal as per selected language.
Hierarchical Approval Support for Request
Approval process support of sending approval requests to the designated persons as per organizational hierarchy is added. Based on the requester and department tagged in the request, an approval requests can be sent to the respective manager of the requester and to the department head of the department tagged in the request.
Approval Decision from Approval Email
Approval decision enables users to provide approval on the request from the sent email notification of approval request. Links of Approval and Rejections of approval requests are embedded into the sent notification along with the request details. Users can directly respond by clicking on one of the links in the email, without login into the application.
REST APIs for Asset and User Management
REST APIs for Hardware, Software, Non-IT Assets, and User Management (Requester and Technician) are added for integration with third-party applications.
Bulk CSV Import Process Improvements
Improvements in the Bulk Csv Import process are done to resolve some bottlenecks in the existing process flow. Changes include:
– Separate data loading and processing of larger size data upload
– Processing summary download support of downloading processed records successfully and failed records are added.
– The history of all the uploaded CSV batches is maintained for audit purposes.
– Support of Bulk CSV upload is added for Product Price List and Request/Problem/Change/Release Categories.
Allowing Category and Dependent Custom Fields Selection
Configurable support is added to allow the selection of leaf node value of the configured category and dependent custom field’s hierarchy at the time of creation/updating of new Request or other entities.
Request Management Improvements
– Support of requesting service on behalf of other requesters is added on Technician Portal.
– Support of request duration tracking based on request assignment transition and request status transition is added. Support of the same also extended in the request reports.
– Support of viewing currently applied SLA on the request is added on the request detail view.
Support Portal Improvements
Improvements in the My Requests menu are done.
– Information such as Last updated date, feedback rating details is added to the List. Detail view and updating of custom fields are also supported with edit request operation.
– Support of Reopening Resolved Request is also added, till now only closed requests were allowed to be reopened. This feature can be enabled by changing settings from the support portal preference configuration.
User Management Improvements
Support of manually unlocking the user accounts which are locked due to repetitive failed login attempts is provided. Till now only automatic unlocking of accounts after serving locking period as possible.
User Identification fields validation changes are done for Requesters and Technicians as below:
For Technician users, one of the field Email or Logon name is made mandatory. Till now Email was a mandatory field.
For Requester users Email is made optional.
– For all users, in addition to the existing contact number field, two alternate contact numbers support is added. Added contact numbers must be unique across the users.
– Updating of user Email is now allowed, except for the LDAP users.
– As the Email field is made optional, few functionalities that have a pendency on email will not be supported for the users not having email addresses configured in their account. Some of such functionality are Sending of Verification Emails, Reset Password Emails, Notifications related to updates on associated request.
Manual Password Reset functionality is added to support “Reset Password” for requesters that are not having email configured in their account. Password reset is done manually by admin and shared with the ester, on the login requester will be asked to change his/her password first. To indicate the online availability on the technician portal, support of availability status is provided by showing related icons before the Technician’s name.
Product Licensing based on Concurrent Technician Login
To enable flexible product offering, support of ServiceOps Product licensing based on concurrent technician login is now supported, in addition to the existing licensing strategy based on the total number of technicians.
VMware Discovery Support
Auto Asset Discovery support of discovering VMware Host is added. In auto-discovery, if VM machines on discovered VM hosts are found then an automatic relationship between VMware Host and VM machines will be created. Details of associated VM machines will be displayed in a separate tab of VMware Host asset details view.
Remote Desktop Process Improvements
ServiceOps technicians can now take RDP of end machines which are not in LAN. Till now RDP was only supported for machines that are part of LAN. This allows technicians to better support roaming assets.
Discovery Agent Improvements
– On each discovery, the agent will only send data that are changed compared to the last discovery which will reduce the load on network traffic significantly.
– In case if server is down, Agent will store data locally and send it again once server is available. This will make sure no discovery data is lost.
Configuration Support for Asset Status Change on Asset Discovery
Till now Asset Status change was done automatically on each discovery. The asset was marked as “In Use” or “Missing” based on discovery status. Now the user will have control to turn on/off this feature.
Mandatory Software Check on Scanned Asset
Support of automatic verification of mandatory installed software list on defined workstations at the time of scanning is added. If any of the mandatory software(s) found missing on the workstation on scanning then an alert email notification will be sent to the relevant party.
Asset Type and Location Wise Barcode Prefix Support
Now, it is possible to auto-generate different barcode prefix based on asset type or based on the location associated with the asset. This behavior can be enabled by changing the Barcode Auto-generation Strategy parameter in Asset preference.
In addition to this support of viewing Prefix wise auto-generated barcode range is provided, from where re-printing of the barcode is possible.
Improvements on Asset List Page
Hardware asset list support of searching based on serial number is added. Asset list searching support based on custom fields is enabled for global and asset type level custom fields. Asset list sorting support on Asset Id and Asset Name field is added. For hardware assets in addition to this sorting support on IP and Host Name field is also added.
Asset Workflow – Plugin and Webhook Actions Support
In Asset automation workflow support of Plugin and Webhook actions is added to improve integration capability with other products.
Request and Asset Report Improvements
Request Feedback reports support of additional information such as feedback custom fields are added. The time duration column display format is changed in Reports. Now time duration will be displayed in “hh: mm” format on report GUI as well as on exported reports. In Software installation reports, now consolidated child software details are also considered. Till now details of only parent software were considered. Changes in report export functionality are done to improve the performance of exporting/downloading heavy reports.
Plugin Based Report Customization Support
Plugin capability is added for Reports, in order to cater custom report requirements of the client for custom report generation via GUI.
Cross-Browser Compatibility Support
Cross-browser compatibility has become one of the main priorities nowadays, and common requirement points for most of the clients. Now, with the new version, we have ensured the operating experience of product GUI with most popular browsers such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, and Safari with their last 2 versions.
Product Installation support of Red hat OS
ServiceOps application deployment was supported only on the Ubuntu Operating System. Now application deployment on the Redhat Operating system is also included.
Release Date: 13th July 2020
A release is a collection of related authorized changes to an IT service that are tested and introduced into the live environment together. Our Release Management module helps organizations to plan, build, test, and deploy controlled releases into their IT environment. Effective release management enables organization to add value by,
– Better tracking and managing change and deployment activities.
– Automatically notifying stakeholders at every phase of the release process.
– Faster change delivery at optimum cost and minimum risk.
– Assuring that users can use the new or changed service in a way that supports the business goals.
– Improving consistency in the implementation approach across the business changes, service teams and end users.
Our Purchase Management module helps organization to streamline and automate IT Purchases efficiently by managing complete life cycle of a Purchase Order from a single window with a structured delivery and approval process with following key features:
– Comprehensive product catalog management of different vendors products with price, warranty and maintenance details.
– Easy creation of purchase order by selecting required product from catalog and associating it with the relevant technician to create ownership.
– Make purchase approval effortless with automated approval processes.
– Communicate with vendors on placing orders, locating Purchase Orders, statuses, invoices, and payments.
– Record invoices and payment details in the purchase order for future reference.
– Automatic conversion of received items into IT assets with asset reconciliation capability to remove duplication of IT assets.
– Keep tabs on vendors’ turnaround times for processing purchases to prepare for future purchases.
– Reports to analyze Purchase trends, track supplier contracts, manage organization IT budgets and to monitor the health of supply chain.
Live Chat Channel
Chat is very critical to help-desk solution, It empowers requester’s with a convenient communication channel. Requester’s can get instant resolution by initiating a live chat session with support engineers, which leads to better user satisfaction. It also simplifies ticket resolution for technicians.
Using our chat channel,
– Enable end users to initiate a Chat session to raise a new ticket or follow up on an existing one.
– Allow end users to share files, screenshots, and other relevant resources as attachments within the conversation.
– Supports auto-responses to end users with customizable Welcome and Missed chat messages.
– Support Chat console to view pending, ongoing or missed chat to support engineers.
– Enable support engineers to quickly create tickets from chat conversations, transfer chats to other technician and close chats.
– Chat also supports internal collaboration between support engineer.
– Keeps the record of conversions in the form of chat history.
– This feature is useful for better collaboration between support team and product/solution delivery team. It provides operational ease to support team in reporting issue or inquiry related to product/solution and to view updates on the reported issues.
– With pre-integrated JIRA, by entering few configurations details integration will start working.
Software Usage Metering
– This features helps to optimize managed software license requirement by tracking software usage on all installations. IT teams can analyze the software usage pattern and decide about its renewal, upgrade or purchase of additional licenses.
– In a way this feature reduces the manged software license cost by installing right software on right employee machine.
Charts in Reports
– Charts capability is added in reports for better visual analysis of data and trend identification of services.
– For tabular and matrix reports by selecting required columns for charts, along with the row data, important summary can be viewed in the form of chart. Same view support is also extended in exported/downloaded reports.
Pre-built Service Catalog Templates
– Now with fresh product installation, pre-build service request templates for various business services such as HR, IT, Travel are available. Organization can start using them with minimal customization efforts, as per their needs.
Advance Custom Fields Capabilities
– Support of API/Lookup Fields, System Managed Fields and Dependent Fields are added in custom fields framework, in order to mitigate the advance integrations business requirements without changing product code. This reduces major implementation time in the projects.
– API/Lookup Fields capability can used for key entities which are managed by the third party applications, but need to be validated/fetched at the time of request creation.
– System Managed Fields are reference fields information which are pushed into the system along with the request creation using REST client. These details are non-editable and used for reporting purpose and for reconciliation of records between two applications.
– Dependent custom field allow administrator to configure or impose rules on the field selection that are dependent on each other. Dependent custom fields are hierarchy fields that is dependent on the user’s choice in the previous level.
Service Request Form – System Fields Support
– Application master fields such as Location, Department, Priority, Urgency, Impact are now enabled at the time of service request creation. Till now these fields were available for updating after service request is created.
Request Fields Auto Enrichment From User Fields
– At the time of request creation, additional information of the requester will get automatically populated in the request based on field mapping of user and request entity. This will help in improving operational efficiency of the technician as well as reduce data entry errors. Also from implementation point of view this will save lots of customization and workflow configuration time.
Bulk Request Resolution Support
– In addition to existing bulk operations now support of resolving multiple request in one go is provided. This will reduce operational effort in resolving same type of the requests.
Request Auto Archival and Purging Support
– Archived requests are removed from the active requests list as they are considered as a separate entity with unique search options. This feature will automates the archival of old or closed requests and auto purging of the same from the application. This activity, when done periodically, helps ensure optimum performance of help desk solution.
Automation Workflow Support For Assets
– Automation workflow support is now extended for Asset module for performing any post process after any changes on the Asset or for field enrichment of newly discovered/added assets. Only event workflow will be supported for Assets.
Automation Workflow Support for Users
– Support of automation workflow execution for Users (Requesters/Technician) based on various events performed on them or by them. Such feature is very useful in integrations with helpdesk solution as well as integration with other enterprise applications.
– Only event workflow will be supported for users.
Automation Workflow & Scenario “Run Webhook” Action Support
– A webhook (a web “callback”) is a way for an application to provide real-time information to other applications. In the automation workflow support of “Run Webhook” action capability is added which come handy when you want to trigger an action in an external application or tool.
– By following some basic configuration steps in workflow actions, integration between two applications is possible, which saves integration time in solution implementation.
Approval Process Support for Knowledge
– Approval workflow capability is added for Knowledge module. Before publishing any new document or any changes in the existing document approval will be shouted from approver and after approval only, document will be published to view by relevant members.
Approval Process Improvements
– Approval workflow configuration for “Multi Approval Decision Type”, an additional option of “Last Approval” is added. This option will be selected by default on any new approval creation.
– If Approvals are created with this option then decision of approval which was created last will be considered as final decision for the item.
– For “Multi Approval Decision Type” with “Any one” option, in case of multiple approval request is created for a release or a change then on approval of first approval request, remaining approval request will be marked as ignored.
Change Super Admin User Support
– Support of changing super admin user of the application instance is added. User having super admin rights can perform this operation by selecting a technician from eligible technician list.
Bulk Import Support for Product, Vendor and Manufacturer Catalog
– Application already supports catalog management for products, vendors and Manufacturer, but till now it was only possible to add/update single record in the catalog.
– Now with this new change, support of adding/updating these catalog items in bulk is possible using csv files, which will bring operational ease in maintaining catalog items.
Custom Task Type Support
– Support of adding new custom task types is provided in the application for better categorization of assigned activities, more relevant to the business needs.
Remote Desktop Session Without User Permission
– For the privacy compliance its mandatory to ask for user confirmation before taking Remote Desktop session of the user machine. But in some cases technician need to bypass this step on some machines which is not being used by individual users such as connecting windows servers for maintenance activity.
– For such use cases a new agent for Remote Desktop is published which can be installed on such machine and technician can take Remote Session without asking for confirmation.
Improvements in Asset Discovery Process
– In the asset discovery process for both agent based and agent less, some improvements are done in order to fetch license related information from windows machine.
– Details of “Activation Status” computer property are fetched, which indicates weather the installed OS copy is licensed or not. In addition to that in agent based discovery support of fetching windows OS license key is added.
Reports Download and Export – Csv Format Support
– Till now Reports Download and Export was possible in PDF and XLS format, now in addition to that support of csv format for report export and download is added.
Support of Sending Scheduled Reports to Technician and Technician Group
– At the time of configuring report export schedule support of selecting Technician or Technician group is added, so that user do not need to manually type in or copy paste their email address.
Reports Download Link Support in Email
– In the exported report emails, user will have report download URL instead of report file attachment. Using this URL users can download report file on his/her machine. This will reduce load on email server, in case of very large report files.
Asset Report Configuration – Filter Improvements
– In Asset Report configuration, during column selection, support of searching columns from property fields or component fields is provided for operational ease.
Pre-built Request Reports
– In addition to existing reports, 12 new pre-built request reports are added for viewing performance details of different technicians and technician groups.
Request Reports – Additional Fields Support
– In request tabular reports support of solution and diagnosis fields is added. In request summary reports support of notes and collaboration details is added.
Request REST API – Assignee and Technician Group Support
– In existing Request REST APIs, support of Assignee and Technician Group fields is added for create/update operations.
Preferred Time zone selection at the time of Registration
– During new installation at the time of company registration support of selecting preferred time zone is provided.
– This will be an optional parameter, if not selected then default UTC time zone will be taken into consideration, as company time zone.
Release Date: 14th May 2020
– Contract management helps to maintain a complete record of organizations contracts with third-party vendors. Contract Expiry Notification and Renewal supports can be managed using the entire contract Life cycle
– Entire history of past renewals and sent communications to the related party can be viewed and managed.
– Primary and sub-contracts can be managed in the system by establishing parent-child relationships between the contracts.
– Support of associating contracts with assets and contract soft copy attachments is also added
Agent Based Discovery Support
– Agent based discovery helps organizations to discover their assets automatically. Periodic agent scans help to keep records up to date.
– Agents are installed on the client machines having advantages like: Reduced burden on server, Continuous Monitoring and Depth of Data Retrieval
Managed Software License Support
– This support helps organizations to stay in compliance with the requirement of software licenses.
– Supports tracking and management of all types of software licenses such as OEM, Node Locked, Installation based, User based, etc.
– Provides complete picture of Purchased Vs Installed count for managed software’s.
– Supports compliance alerts and notifications for:
– Non-compliance of software licensing policy (over licensed or under licensed).
– Software being used post its license validity.
– Software license usage falling below specified limit.
Asset Relationships Support
– Asset Relationships helps in denoting nature of relationship between CIs (Assets). It shows how the CIs are connected and are interdependent with other CIs.
– This helps in impact analysis for the change deployment and in troubleshooting an incident or a problem. Knowing the relationships is the key to carry out root cause analysis for a problem and rectifying it efficiently and quickly.
Asset Financials Support
– This feature helps organizations in calculating the depreciation of the asset value, to derive the financial report of the organization.
– Different types of depreciation calculation methods are supported to determine the exact book value of the asset at particular time duration.
Remote Desktop Support
– Remote desktop allows technicians to fix issues remotely, eliminating the need for physical intervention. Instantaneous remote support helps technicians to save time and make work more productive, which in turn results in greater end user satisfaction.
– Also, helps in maintaining a record of activities carried out in a particular session via session recording.
Asset Tracking – QR Code Support
– Similar to BarCode, Quick Response(QR) code helps in efficient tracking of assets with some added advantages such as good fault tolerance, versatility (multiple data types), fast scanning and possible scanning with mobile.
Asset Assignment Notifications and Approval Workflow Support
– Support for sending email notification to end users on asset assignment with required details and support for asking acknowledgement for the same using approval process flow is added.
Task Reports Support
– Support of Pre-defined task reports and support of generating custom task reports for in depth analysis of progress on different activities.
Correlation Reports and Dashboards Support
– Support for creating reports and dashboards of asset modules by applying qualification and filter criteria on correlated entity fields.
– Using these advanced qualifications between correlated entities, complex reports such as computer wise prohibited software installation details are possible to generate.
Automation Rules – Requester Parameter Support
– Support of additional requester attributes such as location, department, custom fields in automation workflow and approval workflow qualification.
SLA “On Hold” duration Calculations Support
– Support on calculating Request “On Hold” duration as per associated SLA and support of the same field in tabular and matrix reports is added.
Email to Ticket Advance Features
– Support for consideration of original sender as the Requester for the forwarded emails by Technicians is added. This will be applicable for the new ticket creation only.
– Support of Email commands is also added. Here, Email command helps technicians to set request fields through an email content.
“Do Not Disturb” Feature Support
– This feature enables technicians to turn on/off their availability to receive new request assignments.
– Technicians for which “Do Not Disturb” is enabled, manual request assignment is not allowed. Also request assignment through Auto Assignment or Automation Workflow will be skipped for such Technicians.
– This feature is configurable, as the technician himself can also change this mode or admin user can only change this mode for individual technicians.
Advance Login Security Rules Support
– Advance Login security features such as two phase authentication, login session timeout, login session idle timeout, blocking application access after multiple failed login attempts, concurrent login restrictions from different machines are added to improve security compliance of the product.
Bulk Imports Support for Organization Masters
– Support of bulk creation of Technicians, Location and Departments using .csv upload is added, which helps in faster setup of the application.
Feedback capturing support from Support Portal
– Now, Requester’s can provide feedback for solved requests from support portal also.
Release Date: 1st Apr 2020
– Request management helps organizations to streamline IT service delivery by standardizing request/incident handling processes, eliminating duplication of efforts, ensuring availability of accurate information, and reducing IT operational costs through automation.
– Multi-channel support for end users to create requests such as Support Portal, Email, Rest clients for third parties.
– Request categorization and prioritization support for easier tracking of all requests with defined lifecycle status.
– Assignment to technician or group based on expertise for accurate and timely resolution with work load balance and better collaboration.
– Resolution SLAs with defined escalation paths.
– Tracking of customer satisfaction index by capturing feedback for each resolved request.
Service Catalog Management
– Categorization of all the services that an organization offers to its employees with relevant details by providing custom service templates.
– Requests for different services from the support portal
– Service catalog allows process automation for each type of service by associating custom workflows, approval flows, SLA.
– Capability for efficient management of problems faced by organizations and diagnose the root cause.
– Problem analysis details such as workarounds can be captured which becomes helpful in future resolve related problems.
– Change Management module helps organizations to implement change in their network infrastructure in an efficient manner without or limited service disruption.
– Change management offers better collaboration within different teams by driving change through multiple lifecycle stages such as Change Identification, Planning and Assessment, Implementation, Review and Closure.
– Using Knowledge management capabilities, organizations can build and publish different repositories of supporting documents with rich text, images and attachments.
– Using advanced search capabilities of knowledge management end users can find answers to queries quickly from the support portal, which in turn results in higher productivity of the technician team.
Hardware/Software/Non-IT Asset Life cycle Management
– Helps organizations to efficiently manage the life cycle of different types of hardware assets, software assets and Non-It assets.
– It also helps in managing required inventory levels of different types of assets.
– Barcode tagging simplifies asset tracking and associating ownership, location, department with assets helps in better reconciliation of organization inventory.
Agent Less Discovery and Software Rules
– Asset Agent Less discovery with pull based approach
– One Time configuration for asset
– Scanning assets with a compatible network credential types.
– Management of software using pre-defined rules related to Normalization and Prohibition maintenance
Automation – Workflow, Approval Workflow, SLA, Scenario, Auto Assignment
– Incident workflows by performing criteria-based actions on incoming requests.
– Real Time enable/disable approvals and their workflow with endless if/else conditions and AND/OR operators represented graphically.
– Enabling auto assignment rules in work load balance to be managed between the teams.
– Different course of measures performed in form of Scenario to avoid repeated actions for similar set of queries.
– An email alert in form of notification for each action against any management module on admin’s registered email-id
– Predefined notification templates for sending email notification to requester’s or technicians based on different events.
– Customization of content and format of email template based on organization needs.
Third Party Integration and Customization
– Simplified Integrations using REST API’s for installation on client remote Servers
– Security provision in form of Access Levels for Third-Party Integrations across server
Company Management – Branding
– Facility of changing or uploading brand logo as per the organization requirements
– Editing basic details like portal name and title name as per the organizational requirements
User Management – LDAP Integration
– Bulk update using LDAP for easier maintenance of user details and profiles of entire organization centrally
– Mapping and Testing connection for hassle free integration
– URL based configuration to avoid interruptions and error free updates
– Configuration email notification
– Block User flags for unwanted users deletion or addition
Security – Password Rules, Configuration Audit, Technician Activity Tracking
– Complete summary of all types of changes in configuration by the technician with desired time interval
– Password policies for security via managing password expiry intervals, minimum length and character support
– An audit report for complete activity ongoing over the used solution
– Representation of the most valuable and useful set of information which provides an overview of how teams are performing.
– Graphical Interface which allows user to play with data and do cross-sectional analysis easily
– Drill down capability allows to view raw data information based on derived summary.
– Support of custom KPI and widget development as per user’s requirement.
– Refresh button for dashboard updation for newer entries
– Side Panel Glider of modules for direct access
– Facility of Exporting and Downloading Report
– Generation of all types of report in desired format and time interval
– Custom report generation with desired columns and filters
– Scheduling of future reports along with custom time range
– Accessibility to only selected and defined stakeholder
– Creation and Management of Request and Incidents
– Managing approvals on single click
– Viewing Announcements on Home Page
Latest Technology and Responsive UI
– Newer platforms introduced with attractive UI with pictorials and icons for friendly user experience.