In today’s hyper connected world everyone, literally everyone with an internet connection is accessing the cloud every day through one way or the other. And this holds true for all organizations; as cloud has become an inseparable part of an organization’s operations and it is quite obvious that you need a cloud monitoring solution to monitor it.
Organizations rely on cloud offering to deliver content to users like never before in a reliable, fast and secure way. In spite of all the benefits, the complex hybrid cloud infrastructure requires a robust cloud monitoring solution to constantly monitor the system to optimize and eliminate threats if they arise.
What is Cloud Monitoring?
Cloud monitoring is an ongoing procedure of reviewing & managing the cloud infrastructure’s operational workflow and associated processes. It is usually executed with the help of an automated IT infrastructure management and monitoring software which gives a centralised access and control over the cloud infrastructure. IT admins can review & track the operational status, performance and health of cloud-based devices and components.
Different types of Cloud Offerings
There are different types of cloud services that needs monitoring. It is not only about monitoring servers hosted on Google App Engine, Azure or AWS. For enterprise customers it is all about monitoring what they consume (IT Infrastructure – Application, Database, OS, Server, Network etc.) and use in their daily lives bifurcated into what you manage and what the vendor manages.
What to monitor?
The cloud as a solution is like a jigsaw puzzle consisting of various dynamic parts, and it is very important that all the parts seamlessly work together so that the output can be optimized. Cloud monitoring basically includes functions such as:
- Website monitoring: Tracking the processes, traffic, availability and resource utilization of cloud-hosted websites
- Virtual machine monitoring: Monitoring the virtualization infrastructure and individual virtual machines
- Database monitoring: Monitoring processes, queries, availability, and consumption of cloud database resources
- Virtual network monitoring: Monitoring virtual network resources, devices, connections, and performance
- Cloud storage monitoring: Monitoring storage resources and their processes provisioned to virtual machines, services, databases, and applications
Monitoring Cloud: Private vs Public or Hybrid Clouds?
Benefits of Cloud Monitoring
- No IT infrastructure required
- No CAPEX – only pay monthly subscription
- Quick Setup and Installation as infrastructure is already in place
- Scale as you need – can cater to organizations of different sizes
- Zero Downtime
- Start monitoring right away
- Quick Installation
- Unified Dashboard
- Open API for seamless integration
- Improved business efficiency
- Complete Visibility into Cloud Resources
- Monitor services and apps from any location having internet access
Cloud Monitoring has become an indispensable part and hence monitoring it becomes even more important. An ideal cloud monitoring solution optimizes organizations cloud infrastructure through various parameters and metrics to ensure the desired level of outcome is achieved. This is where a monitoring solution such as Motadata Cloud, provides a single view of IT infrastructure – network, applications, database, server to help you solve your most complex performance and reliability problems quickly, simply & affordably.